A year ago today I was having a heart attack. Yeah! The aftermath of that was definitely a defining experience for me this past year. 3 hospital visits and a 3 week Reha stay, lots of pills, needles, blood, poking, prodding, hoses, tubes, not to mention lots of anxiety and just a general feeling of WTF?…. and I’m feeling pretty good. I go jogging at least twice a week. I quit smoking. Well, I still might sneak a puff from someone every now and then, but that has become a seldom occurrence. I try to eat better and drink more water and less alcohol.
Chillmost’s favorite albums of the year:
- Rather Ripped by Sonic Youth
- The Greatest by Cat Power
- Awesomer by Blood On the Wall
- Dozemarypool‘s eponymous debut
Other year highlights include…
- Visited the following places:
- Turned 30
- Purchased Fender Stratocaster
- Quit band of last 5 years
- Started search for new musical directions
The trip to Rome was one of the highlights. That was a lot of fun. Another bright blip on the timeline of 2006 was my friend Bob visiting me from New York. We braved the Hamburger Reeperbahn, the Berlin party-scene and the Amsterdam red-light district. It was a whole lot of the kind of fun you don’t blog about.
And of course, I rocked. Hard.