Preparations for American Roadtrip 2004 are underway. Just reserved a rental car from Avis. Our main concern with the rental car is the sound system. Having a way to play our CDs is absolutely crucial to the mission. It all rests on that. If we have to pay for an upgrade, so be it.
I will be spending the weekend making compilation CDs for the ride. There will be lots of:
- American classic rock: Allman Bros, Doobies, Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Eagles, Skynard, etc.
- Hip Hop: Gangstarr, Erik B & Rakim, NWA, The Roots
- Country: Willie, Waylon, Cash, George Jones, Haggard, DAC
- Hard Rock: Queens of The Stone Age, Sonic Youth, Led Zep, Black Crowes (shmc), Black Sabbath, etc
- Motown and classic R&B: Marvin, Temptations, Supremes, James Brown, Al Green, Otis Redding
- Blues: Robert Johnson, SRV, Junior Walker, Muddy Waters, J. L. Hooker, BB King,
- And much much more..
Tonight I am going to see StereoLab. Should be cool. Haven’t heard any of the new stuff yet. Might also just be a bunch of indie rockers/closet music critics standing around with arms crossed and being seen. Not be confused with the “Space Rock Status Guy”. Speaking of which….
Kevin Shields “interview” in the Guardian: I lost it.